Key Post Paddygold and other gold scams

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Ullyses

[broken link removed]

Prices this cheap cant be true, is it a scam?

Re: Has anyone tried this one?

Looks like it allright. Bidding for items and we do not know where the goods are !! No Contact details on site. I'll steer clear anyway.

Ullyses (sic), do you have any connection to that site?

I don't think I'll be be bidding on any 'Plazma TV's' there either. ;)

Looks like it allright. Bidding for items and we do not know where the goods are !! No Contact details on site. I'll steer clear anyway.

Did you try their [broken link removed] link?

My name is Alexander Mastins, I am head of marketing of PaddyGold Ltd. We are young company located in Carlow, Co. Laois, Ireland. We specialize in name-brand consumer electronics auctioning. Our primary target is to deliver to Irish and worldwide customers easy access to expensive products at affordable prices. We would like to make shopping more exciting and more easier for you, so you can shop straight from your home and get all your goods delivered to your door, completely without hastle.

Auction:

Penny Auction – is relatively new on internet, main difference from usual auctions you may know is that here, we charge a 50 cent for each bid, even if you are not the winner. Doing this allows us to offer the winners such great deals. (More information about how it works you can find in [broken link removed] section.) We found that this type of auction allow us in one way to offer you a great bargains and in second way offer you a chance to earn some money in this tough times.

PaddyGold Ltd. Company Number 433132. VAT Number IE9696564V.
O'Brien Rd 15, Carlow, Co. Laois.
Ireland

They give an address in Carlow, but there's no company called PaddyGold Ltd listed on www.cro.ie. The website is registered to a residential address in North Dublin.
Googling the company name or the quoted VAT no. yields only links to their own website.
The company number they give belongs to another company (a design and construction firm in Co. Wexford).

But hey, read their [broken link removed]! :)
When you buy gold, you buy real yellow stuff, not a paper money that can turn into toilet paper in no time. Gold can't, it is worldwide recognized and accepted as unique and safe payment method. At the moment a 24K 999.9 purity bullions and coins are the most valueable on global market. [...] China and Russia are sick of dollar domination and wants to make a different world currency (it could be the gold by the way). Euros are still just a piece of paper and nobody knows what could happen with it next year. But gold still will be here and there and everywhere because it is ultimate world currency that no other currency can match.

This is similar to and www.fruli.pl and had a short discussion on boards.ie - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055666291 it looks to be a very profitable operation for the company running the system, but expensive and painful for the people manually and automatically bidding.

You could spend a fortune for no return, and once you've spent a fortune bidding unsuccessfully you are tempted to keep spending to try and get a return.

Given each bid cost you 50 cent, which pushes up the price by 1 cent and extends each 'auction' by 10 seconds, when the item reaches €20 that's 2,000 bids making the auction company €1000 for the item, and you can see many items well over that amount.

Looks like a scam and you drawing attention to it Ullyses is suspicious enough considering this is your very first post...

so, looks like it is a scam.. sad :/

Yes, it is my website. I made it, my name is Alexander Mastins, and i used to live in Dublin 9, Elm Mount Avenue 235(as many of you could see from whois) at the time i were registering domain name, so i used that adress over there. So is the phone number is mine, you can call me anytime if there's any doubts about me/my website exsitance.

Firstly i would like to apologies for any inconvinience caused.

The VAT and Company numbers are false, so is the adress in Carlow. I used these details because i tought it will look more prestige and trustable than "This website and its content are intellictual property of Alexander Mastins". Because trust is the key in this type of auctions thanks to it unique model. But as i could see here, it brings me nothing but bad luck. I didnt register any companys yet, because Irish law allows to do business without registration until your turnover reach 70k euro a year. And for me it would be only a headache with accountants and i have enough headache without them. I do not hold any stock, all products are shipped directly from suppliers such as, phonesonline.ie or laptopsdirect.ie. It allows me to save money on storage and delivery. But otherwise all auctions and products are real. I would like to offer my costumers an opportunity to win a very expensive electronics, that's why i choose only most popular or most expensive, which equals to highest quality products. I think not many of you would buy a mobile phone for 1000 euros, but here u can win it for much less.

So it all started a year ago when i saw a swoopo.co.uk and similar auctions, i liked the idea alot, so i decided to make something similar for Ireland, and finaly a while ago, i did it. On a first look all thoose penny auction sites look like scams, because we all know the miracles doesn't exist and you can't buy an iphone for 3 euros, but the whole point is that you are not paying for that phone, you pay for bidding rights, you are paying for the right to compete in auction. That's why on this type of auctions, items are being sold on such low prices.

Why Paddy?
Because Lord Edward FitzGerald, a major leader of the United Irishmen of 1798, proclaimed himself proudly "a Paddy and no more" and stated that "he desired no other title than this". (c) Wiki. So everyone can remember who he is and be proud.

I posted a thread here, so i can hear what people will think about my website, so i can know what i need to improve or evalute. Thank you for all you responses, you make me and my website event better then it before.
Thank you, that you have readen that much and please dont gudge me too hard.
A.Mastins

I am leaving this thread visible so that people are aware of the scammers out there and their habits of posing as punters on websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back