Paddy and Mick

• Thread starter postagepaid
  • Start date
P

postagepaid

Paddy and Mick worked together and both were laid off, so they went to the unemployment office. When asked his occupation, Paddy answered, "Panty Stitcher". I sew da elastic onto ladies cotton panties and tongs." The clerk looked up panty stitcher on his computer and finding it classified as unskilled labour, he gave him €80 a week unemployment pay. Mick was next in and when asked his occupation replied, "Diesel fitter." Since a diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Mick €160 a week. When Paddy found out he was furious. He stormed back into the office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay. The Clerk explained "Panty Stitchers are unskilled and Diesel Fitters are skilled labour.”What skill?" yelled Paddy." I sew da elastic on da panties and tongs; Mick puts 'em over his head and says: "Yep, diesel fitter."

Re.Deisel Fitter

Same circumstances; both laid off etc, paddy says he is a Pilot, mick says he's a turf cutter. mick gets the job, paddy doesn't; Paddy says, "but if I don't cut it, now can he pile it?"

Back