Overpaid Tax - P60

jambo

Hi,

I overpaid my tax in 2006 by what is close to one month's salary. My loan shark is an understanding chap, god bless him, but he's running out of patience. (Joking!!!)

I am informed by my employer that I will be receiving my P60 today or tomorrow. What do I do with this once I receive it? I understand I can post part of it back to the Revenue and they send me a check.

Is there an office where I can all in person? I seriously need that check so that I can pay off my Mastercard and overdraft. I don't like being in debt and this has been 6 weeks.

Thanks,

Jambo.

don't be too shocked to hear that (at this time of year esp) tax back can take weeks. Think people allow for 4-6 weeks for Med1 and this is more or less the same principle so presume it would be the same.
Be thankful its not a PRSI refund you are waiting on...my wife was told to allow for 4-6 months for this to be paid.....!

Do you not mean over paid in 2005, if overpaid in 2006, once you get correct TFA then adjustment will be made in normal pay run back dated to take care of cumulative income/tax.

If 2005 paid too much, then when I sent my details in for 2004 in November 2005, and got cheque in December, but may vary this time of year.

jambo said:
Is there an office where I can all in person?

Depends where your tax office is.

If you live in Dublin North City you should go to O'Connell Street etc. There will probably be a log Q. This should speed up your refund.

Yes, that should have read 2005 tax year.

I am living and working in Ranelagh/Clonskeagh.

My PPS number is from Meath originally but my Tax Credit certs and P45s etc go to my Ranelagh address.

Is it worth my while calling to Mount St once I get the P60?

Don't want to have this overdraft for another month.

jambo said:
Is it worth my while calling to Mount St once I get the P60?

Yes. Don't tell them about the overdraft. You want synpathy - tell them your daughter is making her communion

Back