Ordering pharmacy items from Boots

Adelie

A couple of times I’ve added pharmacy items - Salvon and Calpol - to my Boots online order. They always cancel those items. Does anyone have any idea why they let you order those but they won’t fulfil them? I’ve ordered them from other irish pharmacies no problem.

There is no answer. I had the same issue with them - basic over the counter items like yours cancelled by the pharmacist more than once. The number they give you to ring to ask about this doesn't answer, and I had a long and vigourous phone and email exchange with "Customer Service", the final advice from which was incredibly to ring the non-answering number or speak to customer service! At that point I gave up and determined never ever to order from Boots again - plenty of reliable online pharmacies around.

Why not support Irish businesses?
Well, here's an argument that I had with someone re Tesco v Dunnes.

Tesco is "more Irish" than Dunnes is my claim and Boots is more Irish than Meaghers. (Local chain of a few pharmacies)

Tesco and Walgreens Boots are both stock market companies, owned primarily by pension investment funds and thus thousands of Irish people gain from their profits.

Dunnes and Meaghers are owned by tight knit families, and profits stay within a very small group of people.

(I still prefer my local single store pharmacy)

I always think workers in Tesco look in the majority glum and demotivated whereas more Dunnes workers look happier. I think Tesco is a bit grim and much prefer Dunnes and the 5/25 & 10/40 vouchers great. Similar not available consistently at S.valu & Tesco.

Back