Opinions on Zurich DC pension plan fees

Ndiddy

Allocation Rate 100%
Net Annual Management Charge 1.05%
per annum Policy Fee Nil
Pension Authority’s Fee €8.00 per annum

Wife's company DC pension plan is moving from Irish Life to Zurich with no options for index/passive funds, only managed.:mad:
The only equity options are International equity and Irish equity funds so thinking 100% International...

Fuming as my DC plan has only a .25% AMC so 4 times dearer for her to save for a pension.
Worse yet, we pay 0.04% for old US pension kept in Vanguard.

Do employees have any options for pushing for passive options or going somewhere cheaper when it is a occupational DC plan?

Wife's company DC pension plan is moving from Irish Life to Zurich with no options for index/passive funds, only managed.
Zurich offer a BlackRock managed global equity index fund so I'm surprised that's not offered in your wife's DC pension plan.

In any event, the geographic and sectorial composition of Zurich's (actively managed) international fund actually pretty closely mimics the MSCI World and accordingly it's performance has been pretty consistent with that index.

I personally don't think much of the Irish Life index funds - their tracking error is awful.

I agree that an AMC of 1.05% is hefty for an occupational scheme - maybe your wife could lobby her HR department to try and drive this down somewhat.

Back