Opening a business in the UK while living in Ireland

blobert

Hello,

I'm thinking of opening a business based in the UK, is this straightforward to do while being a resident of Ireland?

Would I just pay all taxes etc in the UK and not have to worry about anything here?

If I paid myself a salary from this company would I have to declare it as earnings here?

Finally what is the deal with UK companies that also have Irish websites.

For example, beds.ie is a UK based seller of beds, yet they have an .ie domain name. Do they have to register as a company here to do so or could you have an .ie address while still doing all your business in the UK?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Finally what is the deal with UK companies that also have Irish websites.

For example, beds.ie is a UK based seller of beds, yet they have an .ie domain name. Do they have to register as a company here to do so or could you have an .ie address while still doing all your business in the UK?

[broken link removed]

Category 2: Corporate Name

An Incorporated Company can register a domain name to reflect their corporate name. A Company can register multiple different domain names in this category. Only a company can have a corporate name and therefore only a company can register a domain name in this category.

Requirements:

• A Company applying under this category need only include their company number in the application.
  • If the company is incorporated outside of Ireland, specifically UK or US, the company number must be included in the application. All applicants from any other country must submit a copy of the company's certificate of incorporation.

Back