Only 6% of those tested in Ireland , tested positive

New York State figures today

138k tests, of which 44k positives

So 31% positives of those tested.

Edit to add:
NY is testing on demand from what I can gather, no pre-booking or triaging through GP.

So why is our positive rate so low?

Last edited:
Remember, the US is playing catch-up.

The virus would have been widely circulating because of delays in testing and isolating.

huge problem is the symptoms are very like the cold or sore throat or even hay fever.

People are so stressed and afraid of this that they are forgetting about the annual bout of hay fever.
A guy in work had this very issue with his adult son.

I have talked to a friend and aunt who are both on the tail end of this and both say it is very hard couple of days in the middle of it.

Hope fully this new lockdown will help speed us to the end of it.

huge problem is the symptoms are very like the cold or sore throat or even hay fever.
People are so stressed and afraid of this that they are forgetting about the annual bout of hay fever.
A guy in work had this very issue with his adult son.
I have talked to a friend and aunt who are both on the tail end of this and both say it is very hard couple of days in the middle of it.
Hope fully this new lockdown will help speed us to the end of it.

From what I am reading, the fever\temperature is the key symptom. With a cold or hayfever runny nose\sneezing are the key symptoms, fever is not typical.
Dry cough also - early doors, whereas with other respiratory infections it follows after the main symptoms.

Back