Online shopping and order not received

Acorn22

Hi,

I ordered a couple of pair of shoes with a well known online shop for my kids. I received notification from the delivery people that it was on the way but despite text saying it was received - we did not get it.

The online shop/company gave me a refund however I need the shoes (as the online shop seem the most competitive around) and I am tempted to re-order however I am feeling a bit hesitant. The main reason is I think my package was potentially nicked and I am fearful that it will happen again. I have no idea at what point during the process this may have happened so the jury is out there.

I had an odd text from someone in the delivery company a few days ago asking if I received the package. She texted me a few times wanting to know this. I find it peculiar and I feel uneasy. Has anyone on here had a similar experience?

Thanks

Strange coincidence.

I got a text from An Post telling me my bar-coded item from Amazon Marketplace was due for delivery "on the next working day". That would have been last Monday 9th August. No parcel appeared although deliveries promised for last Weds 11th and Fri 13th both appeared on Thurs 12th.

I checked tracking status and saw that the parcel had checked in and out of An Post's Dublin hub to Customs twice during the week ending in the hub of Friday 13th. I rang the "customer service" number, hung around for 45 mins, "It's all the fault of COVID" said the various phone-bots in various accents. I got a human very briefly who took the tracking number, asked me to hold and then disconnected the call.

On the Amazon.co.uk site I'd noticed that if the parcel wasn't delivered on the next day, I was entitled to apply for a refund, even if the delivery duly arrived. I did that today and got a confirmation email that I'd be refunded onto my card.

Unlike you, the dilemma for me is that I bought the last of the item in question at a hugely discounted price and it won't be on sale again.

The point of my long-winded story is that is if you deal with reputable organizations, you have nothing much to fear - apart from the local non-delivery sub-contractors and their phone systems!!!!

Strange coincidence.

I got a text from An Post telling me my bar-coded item from Amazon Marketplace was due for delivery "on the next working day". That would have been last Monday 9th August. No parcel appeared although deliveries promised for last Weds 11th and Fri 13th both appeared on Thurs 12th.

I checked tracking status and saw that the parcel had checked in and out of An Post's Dublin hub to Customs twice during the week ending in the hub of Friday 13th. I rang the "customer service" number, hung around for 45 mins, "It's all the fault of COVID" said the various phone-bots in various accents. I got a human very briefly who took the tracking number, asked me to hold and then disconnected the call.

On the Amazon.co.uk site I'd noticed that if the parcel wasn't delivered on the next day, I was entitled to apply for a refund, even if the delivery duly arrived. I did that today and got a confirmation email that I'd be refunded onto my card.

Unlike you, the dilemma for me is that I bought the last of the item in question at a hugely discounted price and it won't be on sale again.

The point of my long-winded story is that is if you deal with reputable organizations, you have nothing much to fear - apart from the local non-delivery sub-contractors and their phone systems!!!!
Hi Mathepac, yes I agree with the idea of dealing only with reputable online companies. I ordered from this crowd before and they were fine. But it clearly has changed. The company rang me this evening (around 7pm). I told them that I was not in a position to talk and would contact them tomorrow. What company rings someone on a Sunday everning? I had been toying with the idea of re-ordering the same items with them but I got a brainwave to have a look at their reviews on trustpilot. My suspicions were confirmed - 43% bad review. From my own personal experience I have never seen a company with a high rate of bad review ever. There were a lot of people over the past few weeks with the same complaint as I had - parcel saying it was delivered but no show. I will not be going next nor near them in the future.

What company rings someone on a Sunday everning?
Maybe a company where their time zone is a Monday morning?
Be aware, that some people would think that this amounts to great service, ie. 'They're working 24/7 on my order' etc..
have a look at their reviews on trustpilot. My suspicions were confirmed - 43% bad review.
By and large I have found that a lot of 'reviews' on Trustpilot tend not to be praising a company, as most people only post when something is/went wrong.
Hence I give little credence to such 'reviews'.

43% poor review (assuming a decent number of reviews) is a warning. Customers tend to write positive reviews generally, so such a high rate of bad reviews suggests something is not right and they are best avoided.

Without throwing flowers at the team I have, we are 99.6% 5 star reviews on Google based on over 2,000 reviews and 100% on trustpilot. So a 43% rate is utterly appalling.

Update: A neighbour from up the road dropped in the package a few days ago. Her mother has memory issues and kept forgetting about package. She (the mother) had been walking up and down the road looking for our house. The address on package was so tiny that she could not read it (even with glasses on). Eventually the daughter managed things and dropped it down. I was so grateful for this as I was beginning to feel harrassed by the company. They clearly thought that I had the package. This kind of experience was all over the trustpilot reviews. People were fuming with frustration. One guys said his neighbour found package in a bush at the front of his garden 6 months after it was delivered (to wrong address). I was lucky to get a refund but there were those who did not and had to wait for investigations to be completed. What's annoying is that this company puts responsibility for the lost parcel onto the customer. They don't seem to want to address their shortcomings. Anyway I rang them and let them know so that they could charge me for the shoes. Then I texted the deliver people to confirm receipt of it. I also let the company know that they need to get their act together before I'd shop again with them.

Back