Online credit card processing

TonyFitz

I sell some items online. I'm currently using Worldpay to process credit card payments. However, I find their transaction charges are quite high. Also, they sit on the money for 5 weeks before tranferring it to my bank account.

I've been looking at using Paypal as it has much lower charges, but I'm not sure it looks 'professional' enough. Also, I'm concerned that when people go through Paypal to pay, they might think they have to join Paypal before paying, and not complete the transaction.

Can anyone recommend a good online credit card processing company, with low setup and transaction charges? And decent shopping cart integration?

Hi Tony - I don't have any answers, but I guess you might need to specify the likely volume of transactions and approx transaction size to get good advice.

There has been a number of posts on this topic before so maybe you should do a quick search. But in addittion to the third party credit card processing vendors you have named, others are moneybookers, eurocommerce etc.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll investigate realex as their charges seem a lot more reasonable than Worldpay.

Hi Tony,

I have an interest in this area ( i am a director of a small company which will need online payment facilities). I looked at the Realex site, but couldn't find mention of their rates. Can you point the link? thanks.

MOB said:
Hi Tony,

I have an interest in this area ( i am a director of a small company which will need online payment facilities). I looked at the Realex site, but couldn't find mention of their rates. Can you point the link? thanks.
They don't have a URL showing the rates. Which I always find really really annoying. Why is it that some Irish companies don't show prices on their websites?

Anyway, you'll have to drop a mail to [email protected] who'll tell you the rates.

Hi,
The rates are not on the website due to the fact that they are neg. from the get go. Get the best deal from the outset and then review it on a three month basis.

rgds

I always prefer to use Paypal when paying for anything over the internet. Very recognisable among general populace, I would have thought.

Back