One or Two Bed Apartment??

mp_view

I'm considering buying an investment property in Dublin city centre or within an "easy" commute of the city centre. My budget is €350K. Therefore, an apartment is the most likely option.

I'd be interested to hear people's opinons, especially those who have experience of investment properties, on whether a one-bed vs two-bed apartment (of same value) makes a better investment from the perspective of finding/managing tenants, maximising rental yield, re-sale value etc.

Definitely two bedrooms...Much more versatile...Can be rented to a small family starting off etc....Some lenders won't offer certain mortgages (100%) if you are purchasing a one bedroom....Has to be 2+...I'm working on the assumption therefore that they have done their homework and consider two bedrooms have a better resale value, are rentable etc etc..

If it was difficlut to find tenants a 2 bed can be let as a 1 bed, albeit with a reduciton in rent received
A 1 bed cannot be rented as a 2 bed in teh same situation

A 2 bed is mre versatile on that basis

1 beds can fly out as they can be hard to find but I would always go with the larger apartment with more options

[email protected]

Back