One Cold Radiator.

EasilyAmused

I've read another thread on this topic, from 2007, but the suggestions did not fix it. Hence I've decided to start a new thread.

This is my situation. I've one cold radiator. It's downstairs and I suspect it may be the last on the return loop. It's been cold since we moved into this house. A small rad, I didn't take too much notice 'til this week's miserable error.

The radiator in question is stone cold, and both flow and return pipes are cold. Both flown and return valves are fully open. When I open the bleed valve, nothing happens. No hiss, no water. Basically, the radiator is fully of non-pressurised air, and possibly one of both of the feed pipes are too.

Where I'm at:
I've turned off every radiator in the house, and the feed to the hot water cylinder. Unless there's a mysterious radiator somewhere, there is only one radiator turned on. When I switch on the heat, nothing happens. AFAIK this should fix the problem by running the hot water towards this lone rad in the system. I read elsewhere that if this doesn't work, it may be worth increasing the flow rate on the pump?
Also, there's a vid on YouTube from Plumber Parts where he addresses a similar problem, running an airlock and hot water out of the rad, via a hose, into the garden. I may attempt this next but need an adaptor, and judging by the empty shelves in B&Q, I may have to go online for that.

is the pipe on the feed side of the rad getting warm? could be as simple as a faulty valve.

Back