on R/A can i move ?

cleverclogs7

I have been on R/A since August but I need to move because of the area im in.

Its not safe and a lot of unsociable teens causing disruption where i live. I found a new house in a quiet area. Does social welfare allow prople on r/a to do this ?

Also.....i had set up my Bord Gais account giving a 400 deposit but the new house i want to move to is oil heating and not gas, so how do i go about getting the deposit back ?

Thanks

Yes, you can move if you're receiving Rent Supplement as long as the new property's rent is on or below the maximum rent limit for your area and family size.

The supplement isn't transferrable though - you will have to make a new application for Rent Supplement & fill out the forms you did for your original application.

Did you sign a 12 month lease with your landlord in August? There may be issues around that if you move early - check your lease or tenancy agreement.

Bord Gais should return your deposit once the account has been closed and all bills have been paid.

many thanks.The landlord told me in august that i just have to give one months notice so i hope there wont be a problem.rent is actually 100euro cheaper which im very happy about :)

Back