Old UK £50.00 note

@54321

I found an old £50.00 in my old passport, these notes were withdrawn at the end of September 2022. I will be near the north next week and would try and make time to get to a bank if it can be exchanged. Anyone know will a bank in the north exchange for one of the new notes? I do not have any bank account in the north.

From my own experience I found that old bank notes can be exchanged in certain Post Offices in the UK as banks require you to have a bank account. I believe there is a post office in Belfast and another in Derry that can facilitate an exchange. You can read more on the Bank of England website under the section on exchanging old bank notes.

I found an old £50.00 in my old passport, these notes were withdrawn at the end of September 2022. I will be near the north next week and would try and make time to get to a bank if it can be exchanged. Anyone know will a bank in the north exchange for one of the new notes? I do not have any bank account in the north.
Was in Derry few months back. Went into coffee shop and tried paying with notes I had. Would not take them and advised me to go into one of the banks. They would not take them without account. Sent me to main post office and they changed for me with ID.
Only a few million left over from the Northern Bank job at this stage :eek:

Just an update. I did get to the North yesterday and I went to the post office as I did not have the time to go to any bank and asked their advice. I was able to buy a one for all card, The clerk did say it is not something they should do so I think I was just very lucky. I spent it five minutes later !!!!

There should have been a designated Post office in Northern Ireland to exchange it as per Bank of England website. You shouldn't have had to buy a one for all card.

Back