office space recommendations

machalla

My company is currently looking for office space in Dublin (mainly city centre area for commercial reasons).

Would any of you have recommendations as to finding appropriate offices (for rent). We need for space for about 2-4 people intially but this will rise in the longer term.

I have been checking out daft.ie commercial property section for potential space. Also I have contacted some commercial property vendors who seem uninterested in dealing with something of this size.

I've also checked newspapers and the like.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Have you checked out a serviced office option? As far as I recall there was one at the top of Pembroke Road, just off Leeson Street. Your requirement is quite small so I'm not surprised that most vendors aren't interested in talking to you. You would most likely find your needs better met by renting.

HTH

I had the same problem when I was looking for a space less than 50 m2. Rented half a basement in a Georgian and then moved into serviced offices - which turned out to be cheaper and gave us more flexibility.

If you are a startup company then the Guinness Enterprise Centre in Taylor's lane may be able to help

C

Some years ago, I found Lisneys to be by far the best for the choice of space and the service they gave. Walk or cycle around the areas you like and you should find signs. I saw one on Upper Baggot Street today for 25sq M. I had never seen a sign for such a small office before. That is just the legal limit for 4 people, I think.

Brendan

mo3art said:
Have you checked out a serviced office option? As far as I recall there was one at the top of Pembroke Road, just off Leeson Street. Your requirement is quite small so I'm not surprised that most vendors aren't interested in talking to you. You would most likely find your needs better met by renting.

HTH

http://www.fitzbiz.com/

I worked there 6 six years ago, I was only a low level employee so don't know about any details about costs\services, but it was fine to work there.

The company I worked for had the entire building at the time, but i'm sure that they rent out floors\offices individually.

For what it's worth... there's a business incubation centre adjacent to the District Courts in the former Richmond Hospital on North Great Brunswick Street, D7 which might have some space available. There may also be some small office spaces available in the area (near Smithfield). Another option is Dominick Court serviced offices on Lower Dominick Street, D1 in the Georgian buildings opposite St. Dominick's Church. I've worked there twice in the past as it happens but have no vested interest in the place.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions! I've tried the digital hub and that area but they are full till the middle of this year it seems.

The serviced office option has been looked at but we will look again. We hadn't seen anything suitable in that so far but some of the ones mentioned may well have potential.

Do please keep the suggestions coming as I'm sure this would be of use to more than just myself.

Small number myself but i am hoping to maybe team up with another small company (or two) in a few months and grab a bigger office with shared costs.

I spent ages going through every agency, walking around the city centre looking for "office to let" signs and looking at various serviced offices. In the end I found the perfect place through daft. Have you signed up for their automatic notification service? It's very good.

Well the quest for office space came to a successful conclusion today as we got the keys to our new office. It turned out the best value by far was for a 4 person office in the Spade enterprise centre on North King street.

An outdated list of the enterprise centres in Dublin which proved useful

The cost of the offices in there for new companies are about 1/3 of what you would pay for a similar office in the centre of Dublin. There are some terms you have to meet but nothing too onerous for any new company.

I just thought I'd post this to help anyone else looking for office space out there.

Now to find good value office furniture...

Great news. Are you able to say what the cost is?
I have a great contact for an office outfitter if you are interested?

Alan

I'd prefer not say what it is in our case. My own investigations into the monthly cost of a 4 person office on average the enterprise centres offer a significant discount to the usual monthly rent. Well worth checking them out if you're looking for office space.

Certainly pass along the details in a pm if you wouldn't mind. No guarantees obviously :)

Machalla

In terms of square feet, what are you looking for.

I have a client, close to Parnell Square, with spare capacity.

Please advise what services (phone, broadband etc) you would also require.

Regards

Rasc

Hi Rascal,

We just got the keys to our new office today so are no longer looking for anything.

Thanks for the offer of help though.

Back