Offering Property to County Council

KOW

Just got off the phone to South Dublin County Council. I have apartment rented to them on the long term lease scheme. Two years from November left on ten year lease.
Asked them if they were interested in buying the property from me. Will pass it on to relevant section and get back to me in ten/twelve weeks. Will let you all know how it goes.

Similar position. I gave 7 months notice to Tenant. DSCC got onto me and asked me to complete an Expression of Interest form and send them a Ber Cert and official valuation which I did 5/6 weeks ago. Mailed them last week for an update and they sent me this...

Please note that we have received a high volume of Expressions of Interest from owners/landlords for property acquisitions and we are currently assessing offers of properties with tenants currently in situ and where a notice to quit has been served, which are being prioritised in order of when the notice to quit is due to expire. Due to the volume of interest, you should note that it may take some time before we can revert to you and your property is assessed for acquisition.

and this is where any gov initiative will fall down - "pass the buck" council staff that take zero responsibility and work in a time zone that is alien to anyone in the private sector.

It should be 10-12 days at max - not 10-12 weeks.

Back