Offered Job not sure I can take it. Anything I can do?

I feel very sorry for you, this is the first job opportunity you have received in two years but you won't take it.
Personally I think you will regret this in a few months after a very tough budget in December.

Im sorry but. What don't people get? I can't live on 310 per week, I can't support my family on that. If I was on my own then maybe I could get by with eating toast for the next 15 weeks, but I simply couldn't survive with a family.

I just got a letter from the school yesterday, they want €100 school fees levy they call it, and insurance € 20. , they are also doing a school trip and want € 30. How would I pay for all that.

I don't think you understand that there are many people working and struggling to get by at the moment.
Getting a job gives you the opportunity to provide for your family and not rely on state aid.
You should exhaust every avenue to take this job, speak to the CWO, speak to the bank, get a short term loan for a few months from the credit union,you could pay this back when your backdated FIS is paid, whatever it takes.
You seem to be taking the easy option and blaming everyone else for your troubles.

Are you sure that you have done the sums correctly - you originally said €320 p.w. but later this changed to €310. Not much of a difference but perhaps there could be other inaccuracies too?

I presume at this stage that the job starting on 19th September is gone/not a runner so it's moot talking about it at this stage?

I just got a letter from the school yesterday, they want €100 school fees levy they call it, and insurance € 20. , they are also doing a school trip and want € 30. How would I pay for all that.
Many schools will make allowances for cases of hardship. Have you spoken to them about this? Did you get the back to school allowance or whatever it's called (apologies if already mentioned but I only skimmed the thread)?

Have you done a detailed budget/personal financial statement and could you post this here or in the money makeover forum to get some feedback/suggestions/advice?

Are you sure that you have done the sums correctly - you originally said €320 p.w. but later this changed to €310. Not much of a difference but perhaps there could be other inaccuracies too?

I presume at this stage that the job starting on 19th September is gone/not a runner so it's moot talking about it at this stage?

Many schools will make allowances for cases of hardship. Have you spoken to them about this? Did you get the back to school allowance or whatever it's called (apologies if already mentioned but I only skimmed the thread)?

Have you done a detailed budget/personal financial statement and could you post this here or in the money makeover forum to get some feedback/suggestions/advice?
I forgot to deduct USC , that's why it's dropped by €10.

Spoke to my bank, they are unwilling to give me a payment holiday however they are happy to continue with interest only repayments till January 2012. So that means I simply can't afford to work thanks to the public service who are going to take nearly qtr of a year to process my claim.

I understand all the people who are giving me lectures but it's simple maths, I can't live and support my family on 310 per week. The only way I could do it is if I left my family and my wife claims single parents. Is that what I should do, leave my family?

I understand all the people who are giving me lectures but it's simple maths
If you haven't done so already here or in another thread perhaps you could clarify the maths by posting a summary budget/personal financial statement (cashflow and "balance sheet") in case there are any suggestions that people can make? See here under the "Financial information" heading:

http://keepingyourhome.ie/mortgage_debt.html.en

I think it is clear you can't survive on €310 a week with a family of four to support.

Would MABS be of any help? Could they negotiate with the bank on your behalf for a payment break?

At the end of the day it's your decision and people berating you for not accepting the job is not going to help.

This is hard decision but the wages are desperately low for a married man. If you don't accept the job can you upskill or train in anything that might help you find better paid jobs in the future?

If you haven't done so already here or in another thread perhaps you could clarify the maths by posting a summary budget/personal financial statement (cashflow and "balance sheet") in case there are any suggestions that people can make? See here under the "Financial information" heading:

http://keepingyourhome.ie/mortgage_debt.html.en

I agree. although you have done the maths yourself, people might have good suggestions if they had detailed weekly/monthly expenditure breakdown.

This probably won't make a major difference to your overall situation, but the 'fee levy' is a voluntary contribution. If you can do it, great. If you can't, then you can't - and it should make absolutely no difference to the education your children get. Insurance is generally optional too, and you can get free kids insurance from [broken link removed]

Hope this helps

Are you in receipt of dca for your child if this is the case then when being reviewed for carers they will not cut the carers payment if you have dca . You cant actually get carers now without dca .

To be honest as someone on carers and seriously struggling from reading your posts it does not seem your child requires the extra care needed to claim the payment and to me this is a serious kick in the teeth . I am currently under review due to me being means tested wrongly in the first place and i am in serious trouble at the minute financially . The only thing keeping me going is that i have been told they see the mistake and i will get arrears. I waited 20 weeks on a decision and i am now currently 11 weeks waiting on the results of the review and the only reason for the review was because they means tested me wrong . Thats 31 weeks living on 250 euros a week with 2 kids for everything . My once empty credit card is now nearly at its limit and i have no oil for the winter . If i dont get a decision in the next 7 days i am off to the cwo which i should have done months ago instead of using my own credit card but no i was trying to manage .

Whoever said a review in carers takes 6 weeks try doubling this and when you ring being belittled on the phone and told you just have to wait .

Back