Ntl starter pack

nuttybud

I am looking to get tv/broadband/phone, I realistically only need the broadband, i seem to have managed ok so far on the 3stations and currently dont have ph connection.

I decided to go with NTL after seeing their deal €49 for ph, broadband & tv. I filled in the online order and selected my installation date. Since then I have 5 different emails from customer service. They all have asian sounding names and the emails seem to appear overnight or in the early morn. It just seems to be a standard template with different signatures.

Basically they say that the phoneline service is not yet available in my area (D12) but my query is that there is already a phline installed (albeit not connected)?! They cannot estimate when a phoneline will be available and do I want to go ahead with my order for digital tv,+ 1mb broadband for €44pm.

I cannot understand how the ph option isnt available in an urban area already with a phoneline and they cannot commit to a timeline.

Also the price of €44pm for the tv+broadband is a different deal? Do you think when/if it becomes available I will have to pay extra for this even though I signed up for the €49 3 services deal orginally?

Does anyone have any option for what is the best value for getting all 3. Is the tv+broadband service combo good for €44pm, how much is a seperate phline? what are the options - do you still have to go through eircom first? Or should I just get broadband on its own via meteor/vodafone, I just dont want to be tied into a contract for €50 ea?

I have responded with these queries to the customer service via email and also spoke with one woman(who didnt know the answers to what I was asking so I dont think speaking over the ph is the best option) but as I said they only seem to have std templates and do not seem to be able to answer queries.

Thanks
Nuttybud

NTL phone service is nothing to do with an existing Eircom line.

Phone, TV and broadband all down the cable TV pipe.

I dont know who else does it but if you find anyone other than NTL i'd go with them. They are seven weeks putting in a co-workers cable in D1 area, I shudder to think what they would be like with phone/BB/cable at the same time....

Back