NTL Ripoff

pennypincher

I own and live in a house where I have paid NTL cable for the past five years.The bill was never in my name just the occupant etc at that address.Anyway a friend of mine moved in to share and wanted Broadband so I told him work away.He changed it to his name but didn;t get the broadband in the end,again all bills were paid until he decided to buy his own house.So he cancelled the direct debit in his name and asked for it to be reverted back to what it was as I would continue to pay.Long story short cable was cut off Monday night,I received no letter to tell me this.My friend who left is being charged a cancellation fee of 65 Euro and they are looking for me to pay a reconnection fee of 65 Euro but if I move or sell house in the next 12 months I'll be charged another 65 Euro cancellation fee.This is only for their basic package.Any one with similar experiences?No one regulates Cable providers so I'm on my own.They also told me I had to pay by direct debit or they couldn't connect me,I asked for that in writing and they said I'd only get that if I connected up with them!!!!!!

Back