Notary Public Official

colin_hanley

Hi need to get loads of photocopied sheets stamped by a notary public official to send for an overseas green card application. I am looking at about 30 sheets and have rang around a number of notary public officials and got quotes of 25-50 euro per sheet :eek: (WOW!!) Just wondering if anyone knew
the answers to any of the following questions

1. Any cheap (or reasonable) NPO's in Ireland ?
2. Would it be cheaper to go up the North and get it stamped there by an NPO ?
3. How do you become a NPO ? as if it is just a matter of checking photocopies vs originals (??) , @ 50 euro per sheet it seems like a sweet deal.

Thanks,
Col

Have a look [broken link removed] to find one in your area.

I used one recently in D15 and he charged me 60E for 10 pages, was very reasonable as I gave him loads of business last year. PM if you want his name

Thanks, I tried the link but the site looks like it is getting maintenace work done. I don't suppose I can get the number of that guy in Dublin 15 you used ?

Thanks,
Col

A friend of mine is a trainee solicitor and when he goes to another firm to get documents notarised for his firm, the other guys don't charge him (even though they are supposed to).

My mother got some documents relating to my father's death a few years back witnessed/signed (not sure if this is the same as notarised) and the solicitor just charged her a fiver or a tenner. I thought that there were set fees for this sort of thing that were a lot less than €50 per page or whatever?

There is a distinction between getting documents notarised by a Notary Public and getting documents either certified as true copies or the signatures on the documents witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths or practising solicitor.

Mostly thing like Family Home Declarations, Statutory Declarations ( e.g. a declaration relating to a title issue in conveyancing) etc.etc, are just sworn by the deponent ( the person making the declaration) before a Comm for Oaths or Practising Solicitor.

The notarised stuff tends to be for foreign situations where they are seeking a higher level of intervention or where that is the authority position in their own jurisdiction they expect to have documents dealt with before.

mf

There is only one in Meath as far as I can see- Martin S. Keaveny, Headfort Place, Kells. Others in Dundalk, West Dublin, Cavan, Westmeath etc.

Back