Not working this month = No tax to pay

States

I'm an IT contractor with own Ltd company, and use the online PAYE system from revenue and as I've not been working the last couple of months, I can't find a way not to pay any income tax for this period.
I know that I need to register a return for the period bu can't find a way of paying nothing out.
Also have the same problem with VAT payments.

Anyone got a work around for this.
Thanks

I'm an IT contractor with own Ltd company, and use the online PAYE system from revenue and as I've not been working the last couple of months, I can't find a way not to pay any income tax for this period.
I know that I need to register a return for the period bu can't find a way of paying nothing out.
Also have the same problem with VAT payments.

Anyone got a work around for this.
Thanks

In both cases, enter zero for the amounts due and then choose the option to file return only.

In both cases, enter zero for the amounts due and then choose the option to file return only.

I did this just last night for PAYE. No problems. Entered in zero for PAYE and PRSI. Total was zero and clicked on file return only. You can then sign the certificate with a zero return. You should contact ROS Tech Support if you have an issue like this.

Don't understand this - I'm looking at the ROS data entry screen for P30s (PAYE) right now. It says "Enter 0 if you have no PAYE to Declare"

Likewise, if you have no VAT on sales, you just enter zero. Maybe you better give the ROS helpline a shout on 1890 201 106. They are very helpful.

Back