non landline broadband

helens

ok so im canceling my eircom package tomaro cant afford it.How do i get broadband i live in a rural enough town.sorry im a total greenhorn.without my internet id be lonely hubie away 15 hour aday

Can you not go to the cheapest eircom package available?

Alternative providers won't do much for you if you're hoping to make substantial savings.

i have 3g usb in my rural area and after coming from eircom dial up i think its great,

duffsaw

just rung eircom and got then to down grade me.
new package is €44.99 incl vat a month with 1mb BB & unlimited evening weekend calls to landline & meteor.
He actually gave me a reality check though he said i spent €20 on calls to an o2 mobile(husband).like thats stopping here and now.
what do you think of that package?

hi im with 3. Find it brillant. Cost €19.99 a month. we're on internet all the time and have never has to pay for extra usage. I paid €80 for gadget to connect into computer but thats now FREE in carphone Warehouse. Iv no landline and put €20 into 087 phone to rec free calls/txt to 087 calls. Having access to email, i find I rarely ever have to make a phonecall to a landline or business. Good Luck.

just rung eircom and got then to down grade me.
new package is €44.99 incl vat a month with 1mb BB & unlimited evening weekend calls to landline & meteor.
He actually gave me a reality check though he said i spent €20 on calls to an o2 mobile(husband).like thats stopping here and now.
what do you think of that package?

I would still urge that your next call should be to MABS, let us know how you get on/your experience.

Delighted that you are serious about your money issues and at least you are getting your sense of humour back ! Your first post on the other thread sounded despairing but there is always light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a matter of working it through step by step and these things won't/can't happen overnight, it will take a few months but you'll be back on your feet. Go on havealaugh!;) :D

I would still urge that your next call should be to MABS, let us know how you get on/your experience.

Delighted that you are serious about your money issues and at least you are getting your sense of humour back ! Your first post on the other thread sounded despairing but there is always light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a matter of working it through step by step and these things won't/can't happen overnight, it will take a few months but you'll be back on your feet. Go on havealaugh!;) :D
Thanks im still despairing nothings changed just trying to make light of it for my own sake

im just after realising somthing that i forgot to ask eircom..the new package im now on is €44.99 with off peak calls & 1mb Broadband but i forgot to ask is the broadband unlimited?or do i have to pay if i go over x amount of mins.cant believe i forgot to ask

Hi Helens, i just had a look at eircom's website and i'd say you have the "eircom friends bundle". This would entitle you to a monthly download allowance of 10GB.
You should get your husband to change to a meteor mobile so then you could ring him for free!!

thank you so much for that Rebel but im afraid im a bit stupid what would that be in regards to hours roughly?between all of the family we could be online 5 to 6 hours a day?

Last edited:
Go here helens:

[broken link removed]

Click on broadband support, when the widow open up you can check how much of your limit you have used:

Your Broadband Stats

Put in your phone number with code (and dash between code and number) e.g. 123-123456

Put in your account number (on top of your eircom bill) .... and click 'Check'. A new window will open up and you can see how much of your limit you use in the course of a calendar month. New month ... new start.

Be aware that the stats may be a day or two behind ... e.g. if you check on the 7th .... it may only have stats to the 5th ... if you are close to your 100% limit .... be careful ....

Try it .... and see what % you're at! :)

Back