No power in my car

brodiebabe

Just got my car serviced a few days ago. Was fine until today when there is no power in it. Revs go right up to 30 but the car is still trundling along - any ideas as to what could be wrong? Won't be able to get it back to mechanic until Tuesday.

It sounds like you're losing compression - possibly a gasket problem. Drive carefully from now 'til Tuesday. Is there any sign of an oil leak (and have you checked the level?)

Or, it's not firing on all cylinders. At the best, a spark or lead problem. My advice; don't trundle along or you may cause damage. It's straining the balanced mechanics of the engine.

If it's a 4 cylinder engine, it can "run" on 3 cylinders. Pull off a lead from a plugtop and try start. If this works then put that lead back and try another one. If it does not start, then it's more than likely the issue I mentioned.

Basis being that it won't start on 2 cylinders, but will on 3.

brodiebabe said:
Just got my car serviced a few days ago. Was fine until today when there is no power in it. Revs go right up to 30 but the car is still trundling along - any ideas as to what could be wrong? Won't be able to get it back to mechanic until Tuesday.

I fthe engine revs cleanly, and it won't pick up speed it might be a slipping clutch.

Take it back to whomever serviced it.

Back