No hot water from hot taps! Help!

NorfBank

Hi all.
I moved into a GoldShield home three months ago, all heating and water worked fine until last month.
There is still water flow from both taps (hot and cold) in bathrooms and kitchen (it's a ground floor apartment BTW) but the hot water is not heating up. I have not touched any of the heating equipment from day 1, it just decided not to work all of a sudden.
The storage heaters are temperamental too.

The electric shower is fine, it's just becoming a pain having to boil a kettle all the time for hot water.

The water heater controller looks like its working fine i.e. the boost light lights but does nothing, the timer is timed properly etc. For those in the know, it's a HORSTMANN ELECTRONIC 7 if that means anything.

Any advice greatly appreciated especially before winter sets in or should I just call a plumber?

Thanks.

The storage heaters have nothing to do with water heating. The shower is probably self heating? Your immersion tank is the thing that heats your water otherwise. Does this tank (in the hot press) get hot at night as it operates on NightSaver rates? If not then you may have a wiring problem or a dodgy immersion element in which case you should get the builder on the case as this is a snag. Otherwise you most likely need an electrician rather than a plumber in my opinion but I could be wrong.

If this is a new home, contact the builders and get them to fix it.
Even if the apt is not new, i would still contact the builder. Nothing to lose and all that.
I had a central heating pump replaced after 18 mth by the builder.

Back