NIB new card?

BH Hell

I believe that NIB have a new rate of 8.9% anybody confirm this?

Currently have a cc with ulster bank, balance transfer for 0% interest, 9 months almost up. What's the best cc to move to now?

yeah it's true, but the quarterly fee is over €30 to avail of it and it comes as part of the current a/c package..
[broken link removed] that details everything thats included. IMO you'd want to be using your account alot to amass that amount of fees in 1 quarter or else travelling a hell of alot to use the other extras.

Bambino - I think that's really the point. They are trying to sell a package. You got to look at the different elements and decide - do I run up an average 1000 euro on my credit card - so say 11% with competitro = eur21.00 saving. Then you look at whether you travel at all - so may avail of the travel insurance.

Then you also have the facility of an overdraft at the same rate etc etc....

I guess they want ALL your business not just your credit card!

Very true marksa
Only €300 left on MBNA!!!!!! €1100 left on Ulster bank and then I'm going to go with the 3V vouchers from now on. anyone used them?

BH Hell said:
Very true marksa
Only €300 left on MBNA!!!!!! €1100 left on Ulster bank and then I'm going to go with the 3V vouchers from now on. anyone used them?

If you search you will find plenty of discussion on 3V. Otherwise, just start a separate thread if you want to discuss 3V and not NIB.

On the NIB issue, I see they charge €6 to issue a credit card-I'm not sure if it is charged first time out.

I've never heard of the 6euro charge - is it for replacement card? I asked for a second card on acc for my better half, and it was not mentioned....

marksa said:
I've never heard of the 6euro charge - is it for replacement card? I asked for a second card on acc for my better half, and it was not mentioned....

It is detailed in their new fees and charges brochure-I'm not sure when/how it is applied.

CCOVICH said:
If you search you will find plenty of discussion on 3V. Otherwise, just start a separate thread if you want to discuss 3V and not NIB.
Thanks for that but I was just asking a question.
€6 for a replacement card is ridiculous. Is there much information neede to obtain NIB cc or is it just the usual?

Is that €6 not just for atm/laser cards not credit cards?

It is for credit cards-as detailed in their fees and charges brochure. The small print says

This charge is waived for Freebank and Student accounts. The initial issue charge is
waived for Principal accounts.

Back