NIB loans and bank accounts

S

stumbeline

I recently applied for a loan with the NIB and was refused. Their reason being that I had a few referral fees listed in the last month of my bank statement. The purpose of the loan was to consolidate other debt as I have 2 credit union loans and a car payment - none of which I have ever missed a payment on.

I'm a member of one of the big unions and the NIB do a reduced interest rate of 6% so I really don't want to go with anyone else.

They told me that if I switched my bank account to them that they would look at the loan application again. Does anyone have any advice? Is this just an excuse they use to get me to switch banks before they approve it or is their a chance the loan would be refused again anyway?

Strange...are they suggesting that any consideration of a loan application is conditional on switching your current account ? Or that if you establish a track record with them they would consider lending to you ?

R

Well she said I could either try again in six months, at which time I could produced bank statements with no referral fees or I could switch bank accounts and they would 'look at the application again'.

Back