NIB Irish stockbroker

hattrick_12a

It seems [broken link removed] is one of the cheapest Irish stockbrokers that I have come across on here. But this is something that I hope to confirm over the coming days.
I would appreciate if people would comment on this with their experiences and if they have any questions on this, please post them and I will ask.

Some Questions I have are

It is Execution only?
What are the fees for buying and selling?
What are the annual fees?
What Markets are available? E.g. ISEQ…

thats all at the minute...

Most of those questions are answered on NIB's [broken link removed] under the investing link.

I'm thinking of signing up for it myself so I'd be interested to hear how much hassle NIB make you go through to get it set-up.

I'm thinking of signing up for it myself so I'd be interested to hear how much hassle NIB make you go through to get it set-up.

None if you're a customer already. I went in to do so and they made an appointment with a staff member for me. I went along all prepared to tell her to stuff her financial assessment and I was not going to provide more pay slips etc but she just said she would set me up with an easy Account so I didn't have to pay the set up fee. Nice!

Missed yesterdsay's bounce in the ISEQ tho' 'cos I was away from the computer for a couple of days.

Slim

I have been using them for the past year. I had some problems early on with fees/commissions and had to query nearly all of my first trades. Several were resolved in my favour. Also if you deal USD or CHF you will get shafted on the foreign exchange, so watch out. (I was charged over 1% on a CHF trade of eur20,000 equivalent early on which I protested.) Since then I set up a $ account and deal european and us stocks and funds. if a particular stock does not appear on the system you can call and transact at online commission rates. One important detail if you like to leave limit orders as I do. The prices you see on their site do not update properly and should not be trusted. You can get live prices from yahoo or elsewhere and you have to do this to ensure good execution. Dividends are paid promptly to your accounts. I have had no problems recently and now rate the service highly.

For those that are interested ...

What are the fees/commissions for buying and selling shares?

0.75% for 0-15k euro for ebanking. 1.50% for branch/Telephone. Fair enough.
0.5% 15-30k
0.4% 30-150k
There are other prices for the other products on offer.

0euro on the custody account if you open an NIB account with them.
40euro but this can be avoided if you open an NIB account with them.

Any other charges?
none
There are some charges for printed statments of your portfolio. But not too
sure if this is something that will affect me as I'm not sure if I'll use it?

What Markets are available? E.g. ISEQ…

13/14 of the top markets available including the ISEQ

Application process?
Had to bring passport + credit card statement to their office and signed up
there. They did ask load of questions like what sort of house you live in
...etc. to get some kinkd of profile of you. I just went along with it.
Straight forward enough. They then sent me out some stuff to sign which I am returning to them.

Can you buy ETF's e.g. the ISEQ ETF?
Did not ask, but presume so...

Can you have multiple dollar denominated accounts?
Yes

0euro on the custody account if you open an NIB account with them.
40euro but this can be avoided if you open an NIB account with them.

So if you have an NIB current account there is no annual fee?

Back