Newry Orthodontist

Introuble83

My daughter needs braces . I have received 3 quotes and the average is 5k. A few people have suggested Newry as a cheaper alternative. Has anyone gone down this route ? Any advise or recommendations are greatly appreciated

My daughter needs braces . I have received 3 quotes and the average is 5k. A few people have suggested Newry as a cheaper alternative. Has anyone gone down this route ? Any advise or recommendations are greatly appreciated
Yes, price between, £2,000 -£2,500.
You can claim tax relief on Med 1 , they will fill it out for you
You can pay upfront or £100 per visit

My son has just got his braces at a cost of €4k.

Before you decide to go to Newry, remember that your daughter will have to go back every month for a check up and to have them tightened. This will be for 2 years. What is the fuel costs (at current rates?!! :eek: ) and what cost the extra time to go up? Going to Newry is a real cost saver for once off or annual things. for something that requires you to drive up there every month, I'm not so sure.
No but turkey seems too get a lot of praise for being rather cheap for this type of work
Why would you go to Turkey for braces? You'd have to fly over there once a month.

Unless you're very handy to Newry I wouldn't consider it. Maybe you'll notionally save €80 or so per visit over the term but hardly worth it for a lot of time and hassle.

My son has just got his braces at a cost of €4k.

Before you decide to go to Newry, remember that your daughter will have to go back every month for a check up and to have them tightened. This will be for 2 years. What is the fuel costs (at current rates?!! :eek: ) and what cost the extra time to go up? Going to Newry is a real cost saver for once off or annual things. for something that requires you to drive up there every month, I'm not so sure.

Why would you go to Turkey for braces? You'd have to fly over there once a month.
I have a company car so fuel is not an issue for me

I'd say OP has a handy spin over from Cavan. He seems to be well clued up and intent on saving the cents & euros.
No based in kildare . As I said the average price quoted was a good bit higher here. A 3 hour drive every 6 weeks or so is worth a 2k saving imo. Each to there own I suppose

Be careful, not all Newry Dentists are trustworthy, I was "upsold" 2 crowns that I did not need after getting a quote down south which would have worked out cheaper in the long run. Get a second opinion, I didn't and I have 2 crowns that I didn't need after trusting the advice given. :mad:

Be careful, not all Newry Dentists are trustworthy, I was "upsold" 2 crowns that I did not need after getting a quote down south which would have worked out cheaper in the long run. Get a second opinion, I didn't and I have 2 crowns that I didn't need after trusting the advice given. :mad:
It's braces. He can probably see for himself if his daughter's teeth need work.

Your first port of call is obviously your local dentist and they will want to refer you to a local orthodontist they know, not to someone in the North. If you go straight to one in the North, they are going to charge you for the checks and work your local dentist would have done first. Just because the teeth may seem to be crooked, doesn't mean there aren't more serious issues underneath that you can't see.

Other people here have mentioned the tightening, we've gone to our local orthodontist for these, it's a 15 minute in and out job as opposed to a day trip to Newry every month.

There is also emergency care to consider, in our case, a wire came lose over Christmas and was sticking into the smallies gums, the local guy called around and just snipped it off temporarily on a Sunday pending a follow up appointment the next day to fix properly.

You should also be looking to see what your health insurance (if you have it) will cover

It's braces. He can probably see for himself if his daughter's teeth need work.
If it was that simple, orthodontists wouldn't need 10-15 years of training.

It's not just a matter of how they look. There are questions around how they will look after treatment, how will they look 1 or 2 or 3 years after treatment, of how critical it is to provide the treatment now for a child.

Back