New Zealand vs Ireland 12-23

mathepac

Congratulations Ireland. Peter O'Mahony man of the match. The bould Peter is quoted on the Sky Sports website, addressing Cane, a New Zealand backrow player, in the following terms: "Who do you think you are? You're a sh** Richie McCaw pal." Insult to Injured pride.

Sky Sports took the live feed from New Zealand Rugby TV. Apparently, TMO slo-mo replays were not broadcast. I can't understand the thinking here as the replays that aid match officials in their decision-making can be very useful for fans of the game. Certainly in Europe we get to see them but I don't know about other geographies.

One red card two and yellows for New Zealand, online comments indicate one of the yellows should have been rad. The referee had a bad match by all the accounts, missing one penalty try for Ireland and lots of nefarious deeds by the men in black.

To the air of Guantanamero "There's only one Pete O'Mahony, there's only one Pete O'Mahony ..."

Great win for Ireland. It sets it up nicely for the third test.. . The third test won't be for the faint hearted.....

Now they've broken the New Zealand home hoodoo, all things are possible - strap yourselves in!

Reports are filtering in about New Zealand's reaction to the loss, poor losers might be apt in that context. Wait for it New Zealand Rugby press releases - it's the energy prices (or maybe energy drink prices!), lorry drivers, inflation, COVID, working from home, or my all-time favourite "de girl dat does de emails only works on Tuesdays!"

Petey baby added to the supernatural glow surrounding him by kicking a 50:22. The French ref in his nightmare game failed to award Ireland a penalty try. Reports I have say the entire stadium, commentators, players, alikadoos alike thought it was a done deal, but not the poor ref.

The bould Peter is quoted on the Sky Sports website, addressing Cane, a New Zealand backrow player, in the following terms: "Who do you think you are? You're a sh** Richie McCaw pal." Insult to Injured pride.
Confirmed by Neill Francis in today's Sunday Times

The referee was Jaco Peyper, SA. He and TMO, Tom Foley, had nightmare performances. If you get a chance, watch some of the NZ two-man "tackles", one on Mack Hansen where the NZ leftwing, No 11, hits Hansen directly into the head with his shoulder. Ignore the facts that Hansen was not in possession of the football when he was hit, meaning both NZ players were late, that neither wrapped their arms as is required by the laws to make a legal challenge and you'd be left wondering what were Peyper and Foley taking before the match. No of course I don't mean bribes, substances Boris, substances.

A single yellow card was deemed appropriate. I'd have said red for the triply offending No 11 in the head, and at least a yellow for the other NZ player.

Test for mathepac.

did you get an email to tell you of this response.

If so you are "watching" the thread

1657442814048.png

BRendan

Yes I got the notification from your post and I've "unwatched" the thread but I've never fiddled with that setting, ever

Magnificent, No 1 in the world, subject to ratification. I never saw Peter O'Mahony cry before, a condition he usually inflicts on others!

Great series, first 40 minutes in the last test was the best I’ve ever seen from an Irish team. Outstanding individual performances but the big factor in the series win was how well they played as a team.

It was a great team performance and series win. The win in mid week was also a great win.

Back