New property - contacting builder

bigf

Hi, I am buying a new apartment that’s being built and due to be ready in June (not holding my breath). I want to have a power shower in to main bathroom - as opposed to shower head attached to taps - and want to contact builder about doing this before apartment finished. How does this work? Can we buy shower unit, bring to site and give to builder or can they supply and install? Or do we have to wait til we move in and get it done?

Also, we need to measure apt for floor/wall tiles. Should we get from est. agent/builder or ask to go in to measure ourselves?

Go directly to builder - not thru agents you bought through.

Other than that - it's all about expectations. If he agrees to do it then don't assume that it's all sorted out, when you know they are at the stage of doing the bathroom then remind him again as you can be sure he forgot.

There is a chance that your builder won't allow you to make any changes to the standard package before you "close" on the house and receive the keys. In that instance they would leave out the standard shower and allow you to make arrangements (after closing) with the site plumber or your own plumber.

Back