VHI New policy

capslock

We currently have our two children insured with VHI with no cover for ourselves. We want to have ourselves added and VHI will waive the 26 weeks exclusion period as we already have the policy with the kids on it.

We don't need much day to day cover but would like access to private hospitals in the event that we would need urgent treatment. VHI have recommended PMI4316 but we were hoping for something cheaper. Is there another policy with them with similar private hospital cover, or maybe a high excess, and less day to day cover to help bring the premium down?

I am on VHI one plan 500 which is high excess €500 with little day to day cover. It includes all private hospitals including Beacon hospital for most things, some limits apply, but complete excludes Mater private and Blackrock clinic as they are considered high-tech. I think there is a Laya plan that costs slightly more that includes those hospitals too.

My plan is something around €770 per year which is a good saving on the pmi4316 which I looked at, and seems to be one of the best value besides ones that exclude a big percentage of private hospitals.

capslock,

One Plan 500; price 769pa or One Plan 250; price 916pa are worth considering.
These 2 plans cover all public and private hospitals + Beacon. Private excess per admission is 500 or 250.
Private day case excess 150 per day visit on both plans.
[broken link removed]

Two alternative plans with 250 excess at lower prices as follows with VHI;
Start Plan 250 price 782pa; or Smart Plan 250 price 820pa;
Note these 2 plans cover a selected list of both public and private hospitals.
You would need to check each list of hospitals covered to ensure they suit your location.
[broken link removed]

An alternative option with Laya healthcare with full cover for all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals is
Control 600 Connect; price 852pa; Private excess 600 per private/hi-tech admission and day case excess 175 per day visit.
You would have to serve the 26 week new customer waiting time with this plan.
[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Last edited:
Thank you both for your replies, apologies I thought I had already thanked you. We went with VHI in the end.

Back