New Mortgage & Bank Valuation

• Thread starter ElsieElliott
  • Start date
E

ElsieElliott

Hi,

I hope I am posting/asking this in the correct forum.

I am looking into maybe buying my first property. I have one in mind which is up for sale over 18 mts locally. I went to see my bank & they were telling me all the ins & outs of applying for a mortgage.

So my question is, in regards to the valuation that the bank would want done on the property (which I know I have to pay for) can I ask my bank if I get the valuation done after viewing the property but before I put in an offer? I don't think the house is worth what they are looking for (requires work but it is liveable for now) but I'd rather a professional opinion & to know what the bank would think before maybe making an offer & getting all carried away with myself.

Hi,
I know I was looking at a house last year and was really serious about it. I didn't get it for a finish but I got the mortgage approved and everything. I also had the same problem and I talked to a few of my friends about its value. I also said it to the bank and they rang the valuer and they gave him the address. He said that he thought the asking price was fairly ok. I also had concern about the state of the house and he said that regardless of the state of the house alot of what he takes into account is its size, age, location etc. If you are serious ask your bank. They may oblige with a phone call as alot of these valuers will know the area and the houses value by its address or a quick look then at daft.ie or myhome.ie.
Best of luck with your buying.
Regards
Mike

Back