New IT contractor looking for advice

€4 to click the 'Process Pay' button!
Buyer beware I suppose.

Not a fair comment. The client has the option to do it themselves or get it done elsewhere. If they do it themselves they invariably come back. If they go elsewhere they will be charged more. The figure also covers set up, P30s, payment of Paye, P60, P35, backups (electronic and paper) and whatever other queries arise throughout the year. You pay for knowledge.

Leghorn must be able to do payroll himself - I have to say it's definitely not a fair comment, 4€ is a good fair and honest price for this service.

Even if it is a straight forward weekly payroll - there's time in setting it up (which can take quite some time) and also 4 payslips emailed per month.

Other prices are also reasonable I think - 2K and 1.6K.

To answer a couple of queries in this thread, Payback payroll is €120 + VAT for an annual license. This will allow you to set up unlimited companies, employees and users. We sell this to bureaus and directly to employers, across Ireland (and now the UK). Many of our bureau customers will also offer ancillary payroll services to their clients.

With regards ease of use-
The client has the option to do it themselves or get it done elsewhere. If they do it themselves they invariably come back.
Which product(s) do they use? We'd quickly go out of business if this was the case for Payback users.

[I'm affiliated with Payback Payroll software]

With regards ease of use-

Which product(s) do they use? We'd quickly go out of business if this was the case for Payback users.

You are assuming that they have or use a computer!!!! How widespread is computer usage? How many people buy computers and don't use them?

Hi guys,

On the subject of contracting.
I have to do my expenses in the next 2 weeks for my payments and I was wondering what all can I put down as expenses.

I have been told by my company what expenses to put down but I would like a bit more info as my rep told me to put down 150E of training costs per month, I'd like to think I'd train every month but...

Like what food expenses can I put down!!
Is there a way to put down car expenses as an expense!
Would a pension be really beneficial to put down as an expense, anybody with any good reccomendations of a pension company if that is the case!
Any other expense that I could put down.

Is this is in line with taking down my net pay so I dont have to put as much tax

Back