New Ireland Funds

L

lordie

I have approx 50K to invest. I have been trying to get hold of independent financial advisor in the Cork area for sometime but have had no luck.
I met with one group but not sure how independent they are as the advised only on New Ireland Funds & Eagle Start which seemed fine - Everygreen, Trilogly II Funds, has anybody heard of these funds.

Is there anywhere to look up independent advisors in different areas.

Lordie

Look up the PIBA or IBA websites for the names if Independent Brokers in your area.

Bedlam

You would do well to do research yourself and then go to a broker with specific questions . Don't expect too much from a broker some of them are just kids in suits.

All the companies like new ireland ,eagle star ,quinn life etc give all the info on their websites re their funds.
You can see the type of fund,what its invested in ,charges,returns to date

You need to know what kind of investor you are
Do you want a capital guarantee and settle for a low return

Do you want to invest in china ,commodities etc with potentially high returns but more risk

When you know what kind of fund you want to invest in compare companies for the lowest charges

Do you want a tracker fund which just followes a market index like quinn direct funds or an actively managed fund like an eaglestar which will have higher charges and which should beat the market index but could also do worse the market index

Back