New Housing Estate Fionn Laoi, Ballincollig

B

Buds

Has anyone any views on this new estate in ballincollig, Cork??? :)

I'm from the Ballinollig area and I've visited the marketing office for this housing development - in my view too expensive in the current market.
Also its located near enough to what is known to be a very dodgy housing estate. I wouldnt buy there personally.

What is the dodgy estate it is near??? Do you still think that prices are going to fall??

Castlepark is the estate I was referring to. Yes I strongly believe that the prices of those houses will fall as all house prices are falling at present. That side of Ballincollig is quite rough in my opinion.

Castlepark is the estate I was referring to. Yes I strongly believe that the prices of those houses will fall as all house prices are falling at present. That side of Ballincollig is quite rough in my opinion.

I used to live in Castlepark, and I think it's very classy.
What is your issue with Castlepark ?
I think the new estate at Fionn Laoi is enhanced by being near Castlepark, but tthen again, maybe I am biased.

Fionn Laoi is bordered by Glendower, Manor Hill, Leecourt & Daffodil Fields - all of which are very nice estates.

Anyone planning on buying here? If so, what completion dates are they looking at????

I'm planning on buying there. Looks like the completion dates will be at least 6/9 months away. Nice looking houses, good size and well fitted out.
Are you planning on buying?

I am, looks like McInerney are building house numbers 1 to 22 first, with a couple of them being show houses. Its difficult to estimate the interest in the development, I might wait until the new year when they are building the others, also compared to other areas in Ballincollig, similar new houses may be a little smaller, but are 20 grand cheaper. Might risk it and see if their prices drop, hence would be interested to see exactly how many are sold or nearly sold at this point.

We were gonna wait too but only a few 3 bed semi 's in development- if thats what you want, so we went for it. It'll be a killer if the 4 beds drop after Xmas but sure these are the chances you take. Its a good enough deal with £15,000 booking and contract and then the rest on completion. The location sold it to us as well as very near Cork city and close to link. Classes lake is very far out and terrible to get out of in the morning.

Looks quite overpriced to me in the current market.

Especially the 4 bed detached, 1600 sqft approx for 550K

Yes give it a few months. Prices will drop dramatically. Have a look at O'Callaghans new development opposite classes lake to see how things are in the market. This scheme was launched about 6 months ago with big marketing campaign - only one person bought and work on the site is at a standstill since. Why the rush to buy now? Rent for now and save a bigger deposit and you will get more house for your money in the next year or two. Builders have their backs to the wall at present and the banks will force them to make sales soon enough

But all the 3 beds are gone at €345,000 and two for €340,000, not sure how many 4 beds are left, but dont see them shifting as the 4th bedroom has been squeezed in by moving and making the bathroom smaller. Also McInerney wont budge on price as these prices are readjusted. Just hope for the people who have bought so far that McInerney go ahead with the sports ground and phase two despite the market being stagnant.

Anyone buying in this development should definetly think about installing some form of renewable energy, ie, solar panels etc. If that is not possible, insist on the installation of efficient condensing gas boilers as fuel prices are going to soar in the future. These forms of heating appliances will cost a couple of grand to buy and install but the payback will be well worth it in the long term. It will also be far easier to install these appliances when the house is under construction than to retrofit at a later stage.

Anyone buying in this development should definetly think about installing some form of renewable energy, ie, solar panels etc. If that is not possible, insist on the installation of efficient condensing gas boilers as fuel prices are going to soar in the future. These forms of heating appliances will cost a couple of grand to buy and install but the payback will be well worth it in the long term. It will also be far easier to install these appliances when the house is under construction than to retrofit at a later stage.

Very sound advice indeed...

Anyone know if they are going ahead with building the sports ground and phase two. Looks like McInerneys aren't buildin new developments in the foreseeable future as they cant shift what they have, look at their developements in Cobh and Kinsale, where €90,000 has been dropped off houses they priced at €370,000. Push for similar savings here I'd say.

What about the problem of fog in the area.? Has anyone views on this. Is the area damp? After all it is down by the river. Will there be a possibility of drinking/drugs parties if mcinerneys fail to finish all of the development. In relation to price, if the developer won't budge on price he will have to pressurised into giving extras. Has anyone any definite info on the amount of private buyers in the development?

You mentioned previously that you were interested in buying - have you?. If not why not.

Very interested in all the comments so far. We have just completed our snag list and expect the keys within 2wks.

I have checked out the current prices and in fact they have increased very slightly since the launch price. We are very happy with the location and the house itself.

By the way my username is not my house number.

My main concern is that with the downturn in the economy the developer will not be able to sell the current houses available leading to an unfinshed building site. There are plenty of examples of this countrywide at the moment.

We just went to view ours too and very happy. Downturn is a fear but location and spec made us take the risk. Not sure if we'd get a mortgage if kept waiting. Nice big house with lots of storage. Was very impressed.

Back