New Employment/new Mortgage

C

CREAMYBEAM

just a quick enough question! Have had a joint mortgage for the past 2 years and sold the house recently. I am looking to buy a new house on my own now but have been offered a new job which i really would like to accept but not if it would affect the chances of me getting a mortgage due to me only being in the new company a short time. I have been in permanent employment for the past 4 years but not with the one company. Is it best to stay with my current employer until i am mortgage approved? Or can i get approved on a mortgage even though i dont have a house lined up or will i have to be considered again if my employment circumstances have changed?

Creamybeab,
I'm in a similar position.
We currently have a house; but looking to build in 6 -7 months time.
I am starting a new job (which has a 6 months probabtion) in Nov.

I have been advised by my broker that .....'Also your probation period if any will have to be completed before drawing down your mortgage'

You'll be initially approved for X amount. But you won't be able to get a formal loan offer until you have been made permanent and completed any probation period.

If you don't have a probation period and can provide evidence that you are immediately permanent and show a minimum of 2 pay slips - some of the lenders will be ok with that. Others will require you to be there a minimum of 3 months regardless.

If your salary is going to be higher in the new job and you’re not intending to buy for a few months – then go with the new salary.

Back