New Eircom packages

Jackie D

Just got a call from Eircom regarding their new package.
€44.99 inc vat per month for phone, 3meg broadband and unlimited local/national calls. They claim contention rate is 5.1 - would this be slow?

Paying €62pm at the moment for similar with Magnet Networks on 4meg broadband (no contention rate). Seems good to switch..

Any thoughts?

Probably not.. However how are we to believe its only 5.1..
It could be a lot more therfore slow.. It is a very good price though.. Something Eircom were never really known for in the past.. They also said it is not a 3,6 or 12 month only deal.

Just got a call from Eircom regarding their new package.
€44.99 inc vat per month for phone, 3meg broadband and unlimited local/national calls. ...
I just accessed their web-site and that offer appears to be for 3 months only after which it goes to €49.99 (broadband starts at €14 then goes to €19).

Do I have the right one?

It appears I do. I also rang sales and the offer is subject to a 12-month minimum contract.

Unlimited calls are off-peak only ....

Is there any particular reason you need 3/4Meg connection? For general browsing etc 1meg is fine. I myself work from home
at times and have two computers connected to the net and there is no issue with performance, and I simultaneously use VOIP
too (Skype) and the quality is perfect.

More than 1 meg is really only necessary for people who download very large amounts of data on a regular basis .. IMO

I myself use BTs Broadband + Total talk, 1meg broadband + all day free unlimited calls to all national and UK landline numbers for
about 48 euro per month, and I fine it great.

Back