New Eircom deal

roker

I had a call from a women with an Irish accent from 01 766 2971, saying they were promoting a new deal : 5G for €9.99 per month (if its to good to be true .......). She had my address and obviously my phone number and knew I already had a Eircom account(very convincing) until she would not email me details, wanted to make a decision straight away and wanted my card details. Maybe it was genuine but I erred on the side of caution and she was gone like a shot

I passed an eir shop yesterday and there was a sign in the window with the 5g 9.99 offer.
The offer you got over the phone was genuine.

I'd be very suspicious of why they would want your card number when you have an active account....surely they'd just bill to the existing payment method? (Are they a reseller / third party?)

I'd also be suspicious of them pushing paid 5G. Sporadic coverage means they're not upselling at the rate they expected. They were adding it free on a lot of plans back in November.

If you do have a 5G phone and want the service, I'd first confirm that your plan doesn't already include it!

I passed an eir shop yesterday and there was a sign in the window with the 5g 9.99 offer.
The offer you got over the phone was genuine.
There's a €9.99 5G deal here alright.

Very strange if the caller announced themselves as representing "eircom" though?

Got this call. Offered me deal but I did not realise he was giving me the offer as new to Eir. What I ended up with was mayhem. My numbers were lost and could not be restored and a mobile deal worse than the one I had previously

Don't see any €9.99 deal there now, just €14.99 and €19.99 - would they have withdrawn it already?

Edit: hmmm - on my computer I had to explicitly choose "Existing customer" (I'm not) to see the €9.99 SIM only offer. On mobile (above) it appeared by default.

Last edited: