new car registration

johnwilliams

does a dealer register a new car for you or do you have to do it yourself and what is the cost of registering

The dealer will register the car for you. You will then have to visit the tax office with the dealer supplied paperwork to tax the car.

steelblue said:
You will then have to visit the tax office with the dealer supplied paperwork to tax the car.

According to an article I read (in a copy of last week's Irish Times I believe), there are plans to role out Motor Tax Online for cars registered for the first time and used cars being taxed by new owners. Hurrah!

CCOVICH said:
According to an article I read (in a copy of last week's Irish Times I believe), there are plans to role out Motor Tax Online for cars registered for the first time and used cars being taxed by new owners. Hurrah!

You can already do this onlinefor new cars. A friend of mine picked up his 06 reg octavia on Thursday and paid for the tax online the same day.

Dealer registers car and gives you form for taxing.You can do this at local tax office or by going online and entering registration and the last six digits of the chassis number.

Back