New Build - Detailed Specs

themunsterone

Hello all,

I hope this is the right forum, if not, apologies and can you please move.

I am in the process of starting to put in a offer on a new build. I currently own an older house so buying a new build is all new to me.

My concern is getting a full detail spec on the property before I put in an offer. It is currently only on plans. A very similar house is in another part of the development and it will be based on this but with an upgraded BER.

I am wondering what is the normal course of action here regarding details on the property before you buy. Does the agent provide a detailed spec on the property? All I have received from the agent is very high level spec like BER (maybe A1 or A2), PC amounts, air to water pump included. I am hoping to get a more detail for example the exact bathroom finishes ( for example all I have is that these will be "good") , will there be shower pumps, LAN sockets, LED lighting, Stove type, insulation details, internal and external finishes. etc. The real details.

The agent is also saying there are no built in wardrobes included and no PC sums for it. All the new builds in the general county seem to have these. Would these normally be included in a new build?

Is this the normal process or all the specs very general?

Thanks for your help.

Look up the plans for the house on the county council's website, it probably won't have the full level of detail you want but they generally include a lot of this. As for bathroom finishes, usually with new builds (that are part of a development) you'll be given a choice between a few different combinations of tiles, or given a budget for you to find your own (often this is the same with the kitchen spec).

Planning won't include any details on internal finishes, fixtures or electrical points. The only way to get that detail is from the developer. You can be pretty certain though that all lighting will be low energy to ensure they hit the better BER ratings.

Back