New Build - Central Heating System

Jildy

Hi,

Just a question.
If you were to build again what central and hot water heating system would you install?

I will probably go with Solar Panels (evac tubes) and a Woodpellet Boiler as well...

I am just curious to the ideas out there...

J.

Hi

I am going for oil central heating along with a soild fuel stove with back boiler and plenty of insulation. This suits me best because I will not require the whole house to be heated - i'd prefer to heat rooms as required and I think this system would be the most economical for this.
I like the idea of solar panels for hot water in spring/summer and autumn (not sure how adequate it is in winter?). But not right now maybe in a few years time.

Hi

I am going for oil central heating along with a soild fuel stove with back boiler and plenty of insulation. This suits me best because I will not require the whole house to be heated - i'd prefer to heat rooms as required and I think this system would be the most economical for this.
I like the idea of solar panels for hot water in spring/summer and autumn (not sure how adequate it is in winter?). But not right now maybe in a few years time.
How are you linking the 2 systems up ?

The plumber has all the drawings done up - I think it involves a double coiled cylinder or something. Not really sure but he seems to think it will be no problem.

Hi have oil and a solid fuel range with fireplace in sitting room. Have been thinking about putting in stove with back boiler for ages as fireplace only heats the sitting room and the bedroom behind it and you could keep throwing turf/timber in all evening when lit. but i do love it when lit.

A solid fuel range is the thing as I do all the cooking on it, heats the whole house and water. The oil is a backup system for immediate heat. Have used immersion for water prob three times. We didnt put in any electric showhers at the time-all off the range.

The plumber put two switches in the utility which means we can turn off the heat in the bedroom areas or living areas. The advantage really hot in area where stwitch on but then no heat at all in area with switch off. handy if want to save oil heating the living area when u come home.

My brother building new house and his plumber said to put individual thermostats on each rad so u can turn down/up. Very good as u need never have any room with no heat at all. However expensive, not sure how much.

Insulate - spend all your money here, especially on good windows and doors.

No experience with any solar etc house too old (three years).

Back