Neteller cards for volunteers

Thirsty

A volunteer group I'm involved with are looking at getting these pre-paid cards; they are asking for a photocopy of personal ID so they can apply in our names.

I'm a wee bit unsure about this....

Can someone legitimately use my details to open an account in my name? (Money laundering legislation springs to mind here, but maybe I'm being a bit over concerned?)

Does that mean they will have the account number/pin or whatever to access the account?

What if I wanted a card for my own use? Would I be able to have a second one?

Do we have the same protections as per a regular credit card re say fraudulent use or goods being faulty?

I'd be interested to know if there are other questions you think I should ask of the organisation before agreeing?

Hi Thirsty,

Just stumbled across your post on here. I got a Neteller Card and it's been pretty good so far. I also use Neteller for transferring money to my family and sometimes friends.

Only you can open a account at Neteller. They are FSA regulated and each account is checked and validated.

What organization are you working with that is offering the Neteller card?

AppError

A volunteer group I'm involved with are looking at getting these pre-paid cards; they are asking for a photocopy of personal ID so they can apply in our names.

I'm a wee bit unsure about this....

Can someone legitimately use my details to open an account in my name? (Money laundering legislation springs to mind here, but maybe I'm being a bit over concerned?)

Does that mean they will have the account number/pin or whatever to access the account?

What if I wanted a card for my own use? Would I be able to have a second one?

Do we have the same protections as per a regular credit card re say fraudulent use or goods being faulty?

I'd be interested to know if there are other questions you think I should ask of the organisation before agreeing?

Back