Need to negotiate yearly loyalty discount with Virgin Media.

Up Rovers

Hi All,

Its that time of year again where I need to contact Virgin Media to see what discounts are available.

Are they still as hard to contact with everyone working from home or has their phone service improved recently? Tried to use the Chat option but useless. Last time I rang them it was a nightmare wait.

Thanks.

I always use the WhatsApp option to contact them but unfortunately when it comes to account/contract issues you generally have to talk to them on 1908. I use them for broadband and phone although I very rarely use the latter. I find their broadband fine and generally reliable. I don't have any other realistic option as fibre is still not available in my area. I cancelled the TV service years ago and don't miss it.

Virgin are still a disaster, on a few occasions I have waited over 90 minutes with the phone on speaker as I went about my business and then the line just goes dead.

I found phoning at 9 am best, sometimes getting to speak to someone in maybe 10 minutes, anytime later it was always a long wait or cut off.

Thankfully my issues are now resolved.

Hello,

I got them by phone recently, despite messages about high volumes of calls etc, I think I only had to wait about ten minutes (still not great, but better than some others we could name).

Like the original poster, I was after a loyalty discount - for a small concession from them (for broadband - I don't have any other services from them).

@ClubMan - I think that the What's App service has been withdrawn, unfortunitely.

Hello,

I got them by phone recently, despite messages about high volumes of calls etc, I think I only had to wait about ten minutes (still not great, but better than some others we could name).

Like the original poster, I was after a loyalty discount - for a small concession from them (for broadband - I don't have any other services from them).

@ClubMan - I think that the What's App service has been withdrawn, unfortunitely.
Did you get a discount? I have BB only with them. €63 per month!!

I used to have Virgin media cable - €70++ a month with the extra points etc. Bils, bills. Dealing with "offshore" customer service from Philipines. etc...Awful.

In 2018 got a satellite dish , installation of same and two set top boxes with 1,000 hours capacity on them. Cost me €900. Paid for itself by 2019.

Best decision I ever made. Well, in home entertainment terms.

Did you get a discount? I have BB only with them. €63 per month!!
I'm about half way into my 12 month contract with them - €56pm for 240Mbps and home phone was the best deal that I could squeeze out of them last year. I'm hoping that fibre options will be available from others by the time that my contract period is up. I'm 2km from the Spire and we still don't have fibre in the area... :rolleyes:

I quit all services except the BB. Haven't missed TV.

I'll have another look at fibre come renewal.

Back