Need advice on car finance asap.

J

jjayokocha

Sorry if i have put this in the wrong section, its my first post.

I from Dublin and bought a car on finance going back 2 years from AIB finance. Then just over a year ago my gf had a baby and i moved up north to be with them. I had to leave my great job behind and start again. To buy a house up north i had to sell the car cause i needed the money, yes it was a stupid thing to do not to clear the hp on the car.

Anyway i worked away up here with no problems until bout 4 months ago when i had an accident with my knees and currently cant work. Now i kept up all the payments until then. I received a letter from AIB saying the contract was terminated and they are looking the car back. I rang up last week saying i have the E825 i owe in arrears but they say the dont want it and want the car back.

The man dealing with my claim which i suppose i better not name is really rude and doesnt seem to care that i have a family to support. My job let me go cause i will be waiting a long time for surgery on my knees. But i can manage to keep up with the payments of e175 a month.

But he still wont accept the arrears and wants either the car back or e5000 by the end of this week. Now its impossible for me to get a loan as i have others at the moment and im not in any debt bar this problem.

I really dont want the car being taken of the current owner which i dont have a clue who it is. Can anybody help me out of this mess? thank you so much in advance

Try contacting MABS and/or the Financial Regulator to check the rights & wrongs of the HP agreement. As you're finding out, these agreements can be very punitive if you are unable to keep up repayments for whatever reason.

Before contacting MABS/IFSRA read the terms & conditions of the HP contract to see if they are within their rights based on what you agreed to.

Back