natural remedy for nausea

G

geegee

I'm certainly not one of the "pill for every ill" brigade but is there a natural remedy to alleviate nausea? I know motilium is commonly used now but this is a drug.

Any thoughts on motilium and any natural alternatives?

gg

What is the cause of the nausea? Having been through morning sickness, when you're not supposed to take anything, I found chewing on raw ginger helped, as did taking vitamin B6, or a B complex vitamin should help too.

cloves are supposed to be good - or is that for toothache?

Geegee, just go to Google and type in Natural remedy for nausea and you will see all you want.

Homeopathy

Hi,

I can recommend a homeopathic remedy called Nux Vomica. YOu get it in every pharmacy. It works wonders.
This remedy is also great for hang overs..;-)

nux vomica

That could be the stuff I'm thinking of.

Theres a brand called nelsons that do homeopathic stuff thats in most good chemists. I bought their stuff called teetha when my daughter was breaking her first teeth.

good for a hangover...must take a look!

nausea

don't forget your greens...

[broken link removed]

Re: nausea

Ginger is supposed to help nausea.

You could try accupressure (pressure points are three finger widths from the crease of your wrist on the inside of your lower arm and also behind your ear lobes).

Try sipping water or peppermint tea and eating light foods like dry crackers or toast at times when you may be at risk of getting nauseous. Avoid heavy, spicy or greasy food.

You might check that you're not low in iron or B6.

Best of all is to determine and eliminate the cause of the nausea if possible... (stating the obvious!)

Back