National broadband

robbie check

I am currently bringing a small court case against Cross Country Broadband Limited. I paid an installation fee and month in advance for a satellite broadband connection last January 2007 by credit card. They came out twice and could not install it as they could not get a signal. They told me a new system was coming in September which would work anywhere. They also took 7 months fees from ny credit card in August. In September, there was still no sign of the installation and I demanded a refund. I was told it would take 10 days to process. I did not receive a refund. I phoned again a few weeks later and told them I would contact a solicitor if I did not receive a refund within two weeks. I was owed nearly €500. I then contacted the Consumer association and Comreg but they were not able to contact the company. I then brought a small claims court case against Cross Country Broadband but it is not clear yet whether this will proceed as the court is unable to issue the claim. I then noticed that they were directing their business to National Broadband on their website. I contacted one of the directors at National Broadband who is also a director of Cross Country Broadband but not the one I had been speaking with. He told me Cross Country Broadband was nothing to do with him but that he would ask the other director to contact me. HE DID NOT. I phoned back again and asked for the director who I had been speaking with in Cross Country Broadband. He told me that the refund must have gone to another person in Offaly by mistake. He then asked me for my credit card no but I would not give it to him as I was afraid he would try and charge me again. I requested a cheque payment and he promised me I would receive it by 17th March. I still have not received it. I would advise anyone to have nothing to do with either National Broadband or Cross Country Broadband due to the way I have been treated.

Back