AIB My case

jpbyrne

Hi Brendan and all

Attached is the response letter I received after almost 200+ Business Days since I submitted my appeal in July 2018 (I have a letter I sent to the Central Bank with a detailed chronology which might be more useful on the separate thread on timeline).

I did not use Brendan's standard template and as you can see received a slightly different response which refers to a consideration of whether a variation to the contract was agreed. I never claimed such a variation occurred but that is the approach the panel took (incorrectly in my view ~ the panel just needed to interpret the existing contract terms correctly). I had a number of exceptional circumstances (the Bank uses the word extenuating but I don't believe that is the appropriate word) which seems to have got the panel thinking but ultimately they rejected my appeal.

Attachments

jpbyrne

Hi Brendan and all

Attached is a letter I sent to the Central bank to complain about the delay in getting a decision on my appeal (200+ business days) which I consider was a breach of the Panel Rules. Attached to the letter is the chronology of interactions I had with the Panel over the 200 business days which might be useful. Also as FYI I got my decision 2 days later which I have posted separately ( appeal rejected).

Attachments

jpbyrne

Thanks Brendan. As an FYI I submitted this letter that I received in September 2007 to the Panel on the basis it was consistent with my claim that the appropriate tracker margin on my account was 1.1%. The Panel ignored the letter but gave consideration to the follow up call I had with the Bank to exercise my option (I went with Fixed again hence am in prevailing rate cohort).