Moving Tracker

Mookiemad

Hi.

I'm currently on a Ulster bank former first active tracker @1.15%.

My house has been rented for 10 of the 12 years I've owned it and up to 18 months ago I was on a moratorium.

I now am looking at selling I owe 428,000 and hope to get this on the sale.
I am looking at a smaller home on the market for 270,000 and over priced at that.
I have contacted ulstetbank and requested a chat with an adviser the didn't seem too keen and haven't got back to me yet but have insisted I can't take my tracker with me
At the minute I'm getting 1100 rent off a relative but could get 1800.

I have read some where that the only hope of keeping the tracker is if you have an old first active mortgage?

I have 50,000 which I recently inherited 42,000 a year income and would love to move as it's become too much or a burden and the neighbour is impossible to live beside.

Any advice appreciated and info on bringing tracker with me.

I haven't been contacted by ulster bank regarding the scandle and I don't think I was affected as from 2010 up to late last year I was on a deal and was never taken off tracker after first two years fixed from 2007/9

Last edited:
It's a standard one, pity as the current account mortgage can be transferred between properties no problem and it's always a 1.15% margin, that's what made me wonder whether it was one or not.

As to whether or not UB will let you take the tracker with you that is down to what their policy is on it at the moment, the fact that it's a First Active one won't matter, only the First Active current account mortgage had a transferability option built in to the product.

Back