moving money from one good savings to another

pernickety

hi all,
I've 170K following sale of property which doesn't have a specific purpose, so have landed it in ING direct for the moment. 100K is benefitting from 6% offer until Dec, but the rest is at 3%. That's fine. I do intend to study my investment options seriously but in the meantime I'm happy with that.

However, since opening ING account I've been sent (or seen on the web) new offers with ING when you invest/top up X€ you can avail of 5% etc. but the small print says i can't transfer if it's there already. So, now I've seen another internet bank offering 5% for 3 months and am thinking of moving out of one and into the other.

Just wondering if there are any snags? I have to check the other bank has 0 charges etc. but if so, is it feasible to transfer money from one to the other and back again to continue availing of these offers? Or is it too much like hard work and should I just concentrate my efforts on finding the best life assurance or share or whatever?
thanks in advance

ING is a bank. Perhaps they offer accounts to Irish customers via their IFSC branch or something?

Is that them ?Don't see anything about ireland on there ?

sorry for the confusion, I'm in france, but the question is not about a particular bank, rather about moving money around to continue to avail of new offers...

Last edited:
In that case move your money to wherever you can get the best deal but always read the terms & conditions of any financial agreement to be aware of any issues (e.g. charges, penalties, lock ins etc.) and bear in mind that you should generally not keep large amounts of money on deposit for a long period of time due to the eroding effects of inflation on the money even after the addition of (net) interest returns.

Back