Moving money from FA dep acc -> FA sav acc

theTinker

I am opening an ESavings deposit account with first active as the interest is higher than my AIB 7 day online notice account.
I thought it would also be best to open a 7.15% FA regular savings account and drip feed from my deposit account but was told that I can not have a standing order on my Deposit account to feed it.
The alternative is to open a current account with them to faciltate this transfer.
The fees/charges list for current account on thier site is very uninformative so i will have to drop in on monday to ask about it.
I am finding all this a little silly, transferring money should not be this hard.

From your experience in dealing with these, is there much chance of FA waiving the charges/fees associated with thier current account since i am only doing this to allow a transfer from two of thier savings accounts?

If they cant/wont, Then i will have to use my third party AIB current graduate account so then i might aswell go with Irish nationwide (since my money has to leave first active anyways and a 3/4 day wait).I will then be using a FA Dep Acc to feed a Irish Nationwide 7.35% Reg Sav account(which also requires SO) but using my AIB current account as a facilitator.

My money = 12k up front + 1k a month. I don't know if FA would consider that as worth the hassle?

I make payments into my Irish Nationwide RS account from my FA E-Savings account. What I did was I added my Irish Nationwide RS account to the list of payee's on my account. It just means that you have to set up each individual monthly payment. I'd imagine that this process can also be used to pay into the FA RS account which I'm also hoping to do.

From irish nationwide brochure
Your monthly contribution must be made by standing
order, direct credit or internal transfer payment on a
date of your choice, directly into your Regular Saver
Deposit Account.
I took direct credit to mean direct debit, and internal transfer payment meant electronic transfer from other Irish Nationwide accounts. Which only left SO.

Thanks very much for the help DELLBOY. I only decided to try keep my money all in First Active to avoid having to make lots of standing orders/current accounts, but if i can transfer from Esavings directly into Irish Nationwide account, then that is brilliant. I'd actually even prefer to make the monthly payments manually as you do, It gives me a few more days should i ever need it to make sure the funds are there. I hated the SO constraints.

Should you manage to set up a FA RS on the same payee list and be able to transfer money that way. Please do let me know.

Should you manage to set up a FA RS on the same payee list and be able to transfer money that way. Please do let me know.

Phoned FA tel baking today & tried to add my FA RS account to my list of payees but I was told it could not be done. Shame really as it would have been very convenient

Back