Health Insurance Moving from Group Scheme

ailem16

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on moving from a group scheme to a private policy.

For the past 20 years we've been on a group scheme through my husbands work. He recently changed jobs and we are currently in the 13 week reinstatement period. Irish Life have sent us a quote of €3,900 per annum for Health Plan 01.

We're a family of 2 adults and 3 kids (9, 6 & 1). In the 20 years that we've had cover I have used my health insurance once, my husband twice and 2 of our children once each.
We'd like to keep some sort of cover but feel that almost 4k is too much. Can anyone advise us of a good family plan that gives decent cover??

ailem16,

Welcome to AAM. Best value at the moment is as follows;

1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa,(reduction applies from 1 March 2018, hia not updated yet, all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission, day case 50 per procedure, good day to day cover included.

VHI Child option; Parents and Kids Excess plan; price 153pa(half price child offer) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 125 for
admissions or day case.
[broken link removed]

2. Laya Simply Connect; price 1179pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 x 2 max per year, day case excess 50,
good day to day cover included.

Laya Child Option; Essential Health 300; price 234pa( child offer, just pay for 1 child and the rest go free); all public, private and Beacon hospital
covered, excess 300 x 2 max per year, day case excess 125.
[broken link removed]

3. Irish Life 4D Health 2 plan; price 1271pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per admission, day case excess 75.
Good day to day cover included.
or
4. Irish Life Better Select; price 1302pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 75 per admission, day case excess 75,
Good day to day cover included.
[broken link removed]

Irish Life Child Option; Better Active; price 240per child; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 75 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

Note; Irish Life are not good value for children, so if you choose Irish Life for the adults, the best child option is to choose VHI as above.
VHI are the only provider that allow children to be insured on their own without an adult - an adult is just named on the policy but only the
children are insured.

Plenty of savings to be made overall.

Regards, Snowyb

Back